Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This is Top 5

First of all, I cannot believe it is already Tuesday night! This week is flying by... which is a good thing.


This weekend I had a huge list of things to "accomplish" for my spring cleaning tasks. None of which I got done.

The Highlight of my weekend though, was the Target Field open house!

Not going to lie, I walked into the park and I started to cry. It was amazing and beautiful. It was everything I thought it was going to be. But it was so much more. Growing up, I loved baseball. I went with my dad to almost every single baseball game that I could go too. I didn't want to play softball, I wanted to play baseball with the boys. However, the baseball strike in 1994 put a damper on the game and I could start to feel that passion slip away. The strike was followed by the baseball steroid era, which made it that much harder to get back into the game. Plus it was always hard to become a fan of the metrodome. Josh and I promised 5-10 years ago that if they ever got a new stadium, We would be there opening day. I've waited and that day is almost here. As we walked into the stadium, on that sneak peek premiere, I felt so much joy and relief. I felt like I was 8 again. That passion seemed to be back. I skipped through the concourse with Brody. We sat in every different section and I imagined a game being played. In great moments of my life, this is somewhere in the top 5. I am so lucky to have this opportunity.







To some, its just a game, but to me it was a childhood. To some, its just a building. But to me it was a long awaited and was an truly an amazing day. I hope to go to many games with my little man and make our own memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment