Monday, March 15, 2010

Of course we had another busy weekend!!



Someday, we might have a weekend where we just stay at home for more than a few hours... someday.

This Saturday I had an awesome time volunteering at Operation Glass Slipper. Operation Glass Slipper is a nonprofit organization that provides prom gowns and accessories at no charge locally to high school girls in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area whose financial circumstances make it impossible for them to purchase prom apparel. It was awesome helping these girls shop for their prom dress, shoes, jewelry, purses, etc.! All the girls that I helped were so sweet and they were so excited about their prom and not having to worry about the financial burden prom brings. I heard a story of one girl who worked a part time job. She was saving her money to buy her prom outfit. Her family had recently lost their home and they blew a tire driving. She had used her money she saving a bought the family a new tire. It would be hard to imagine life like that. I am thankful for so many things and I realize that not everyone is as lucky - but every one deserves a chance.

While I was doing that... Josh played in a hockey tournament and Brody spent the day with his grandma! They went to the zoo and target! Two of Brody's favorite places!! Josh's team ended up winning the tournament that played 2 games on Friday, 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday! Brody and I watched the late Saturday evening game.

I think I might have little hockey player on my hands!


Sunday; Brody and I met Annie and Dominic at the Children's Museum! We played and had so much fun!! Although it was busy and hot, the boys didnt seem to mind and had a great time!





We had a wonderful weekend!!

I’ve learned that people will forget what you said...
People will forget what you did...
But people will never forget how you made them feel. Maya Angelou

Peace & Love,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. You guys always do fun and exciting things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that first picture of brody!! too cute!!
    he must be learning to brush his chompers ;)

    glad we got to meet up with the boys! it was fun and a great workout!

    ReplyDelete